A Report that is submitted on BugBase has comprehensive information about a vulnerability. Below are a few pointers that may help you to understand on how to analyse a report on BugBase
A Bug Report has the following information in it:
- 1.Report Title
- 2.Vulnerability Category
- 3.Affected Asset
- 4.Affected URL (Optional)
- 5.Severity Score (CVSS)
- 6.Priority (Based on Severity Score)
- 7.Vulnerability Impact
- 8.Proof Of Concept (POC) of the Vulnerability
- 9.Brief Summary of the Vulnerability
- 10.Attachments along with the POC (Optional)
- 11.Status of the Report
- 12.Reporter Details (Username of the Reporter)
Along with the Vulnerability Details, the company representative can converse with the reporter.
A Chat Functionality is provided in the Report View itself for a quick doubt resolution with the report in case more context is required on the POC.
Reporters are provided with an alias email by BugBase which is of the format [username]@teambugbase.com on which the reporter can receive emails. Incase any sensitive information is to be shared with the reporter you can use the alias email to contact them.