BugBase pushes out features continuously, here's all the updates in the platforms at one place.
Find out what's changed or is new on BugBase
Companies can now import testing credentials for a particular asset on the BugBase Dashboard itself and assign them the Bug Hunters Seamlessly!
BugBase is excited to announce the introduction of a new feature - "Assign Thanks" on Platform. This feature allows program owners to express their gratitude and appreciation to the reporters who have contributed to improving the security of their applications. In addition to assigning monetary rewards for valid bug reports, program owners now have the option to assign thanks to reporters as a way of acknowledging their efforts and valuable contributions.
Assigning Thanks to Reporter
Thanks message on Report
Program Admins can now choose if they want Cross-Sync with JIRA. Cross-Sync basically updates and changes performed on JIRA on BugBase and Vice-Versa this includes comments, status changes etc.
Revamped Insights Dashboard
Now the insights dashboard contains top 3 performing programs of the company along with the activity and bugs submitted in the current month.
Generate response through ChatGPT
You can now generate replies using ChatGPT on any Bug Report on BugBase,which enables you to generate clear AI driven responses for frequently asked questions and customer inquiries without spending time crafting individual responses.
MFA Login Screen
For increased security, the Multi-factor authentication (MFA) has been added to BugBase. All users can now set-up MFA via an Authenticator App or through Email.
SSO - SAML2.0
Company Accounts can now setup login through SSO where organization members can use their Identity Provider email to sign-in to BugBase and access the Dashboard.
Bounty Hunter Preferences
Added Shipping Address and T-Shirt Size Preference for Bounty Hunters.
View all Rewards Assigned
Specific Rewards Page
Now Program Admins can view Shipping Address for the assigned swags in their specific Reward Details page, this reduces the complexity of asking the address on the Report Chat. Additonally Program Admins can enter Shipping Details, this can be a Tracking URL for swags or any instructions updating the reporter on the whereabouts of the swag assigned.
Bounty Hunters can now get information about the rewards offered by a program on BugBase by looking at Swags and Bounty Tags
Now the POC Section supports inline markdown attachments upload for easier understanding of the Report
New Chat Box Layout
Custom Quick Actions
Now Program managers can create custom quick actions for faster responses to the bug reporters
Roles & Permissions
Invite members to your organization and assign them roles with limited permissions to access the various BugBase Dashboards
Hackers can now save time by bookmarking their frequently used programs. The bookmarked programs can be easily accessed in the "saved" tab of the Programs page, eliminating the need to search repeatedly.
Once a hacker submits a bug report, the program is automatically bookmarked for easy access in the future. This allows for quick and efficient follow-up on resolved bugs, and helps to keep track of all reported issues. The integration of bug reporting and program saving makes the process seamless and efficient, ensuring that hackers can focus on what they do best.
It is now even simpler to change a report's status with the new design update for changing the bug report status.
Hackers can now use a unique email alias to receive notifications from BugBase.
This alias can be used to create testing accounts and may be necessary for certain testing purposes.
This alias is automatically assigned in the form of
We have made some changes to the reporting lifecycle.
Now all reports will be in one of the following states:
- Draft [Awaiting Submission - Editable State]
- New [Report Submitted]
- Triaged [Report Assigned to a Program Representative]
- Resolved [Report Resolved by the Program]
- Duplicate [Report Marked as Duplicate]
- Invalid [Report Marked as Invalid]
- Informational [Report Marked as Informational]
Researchers can now track all their reputation history in the Hacktivity Reputation Table located in their profile page.
This can be found in the profile page of a security researchers
Now Enterprise Customers can log events from BugBase onto their SumoLogic Collectors seamlessly with one click!
We have revamped the hacker profile page with a clean and modern look.
Visit your profile page at
- Now you can see your top-ranked competitions!
- Your success rate and total bounty earned is now visible on your profile.
- Added few more Report statistics like closed reports, total reports and ongoing reports.
- Hall of Fame mentions are now visible on your profile.
- Badges earned are now visible on your profile.
- Social media links can now be added to your profile!
Hackers can now save their reports as drafts. This will help hackers to save their reports as drafts and continue working on it later.
Additionally hackers can now see the number of reports under each status.
Reports can be saved as drafts by clicking on the Save as Draft button while submitting a report.
We have made some changes to the reporting flow for hackers.
3.1. Vulnerability Endpoint
We have added a new section Vulnerability Endpoint to the reporting flow. This section will help hackers to pin-point the endpoint where the vulnerability was found.
3.2. Report Summary
We have added a new section Report Summary to the reporting flow. This section will help hackers to provide a brief summary of the report.
3.3. Report Vulnerability Impact
We have added a new section Report Vulnerability Impact to the reporting flow. This section will help hackers to provide a brief summary of the impact of the vulnerability.
3.3. Syntax Highlighting in Markdown
We have added syntax highlighting in the markdown editor. This will help hackers to write better reports with proper syntax highlighting.
Companies can now assign reports to their team members. This will help companies to assign reports to their team members and keep track of the reports.
Hackers can invite other hackers to collaborate on their reports. This is only allowed if the program allows collaboration. This will help hackers to collaborate with other hackers on their reports and give more insights on the report.
BugBase now has 3 Tiers for companies curated to fit your needs. You can now choose between the Free, Pro and Enterprise tiers.
- Free - Companies can host unlimted Vulnerability Disclosure Programs (VDPs) free of cost and receive real-time notifications for new vulnerabilities.
- Professional - Has everything that the Free tier has, plus the ability to host upto 2 Managed Bug Bounty or Private Bug Bounty programs. This tier also includes Integrations that directly connect BugBase with your existing tools like Webhooks, JIRA, Slack, MS Teams and more.
- Enterprise - Has everything that the Professional tier has, plus the ability to host upto 4 Managed Bug Bounty or Private Bug Bounty programs. This tier also includes Managed Rapid Triage, a dedicated Security Analyst, Priority Support and much more!
Companies can now host their own Vulnerability Disclosure Programs (VDPs) on BugBase. VDPs are a great way to receive real-time notifications for new vulnerabilities and also to build a strong relationship with the security community.
Now companies can configure an alternate email address to receive notifications.
This is useful for receiving notifications on a group email address or a specific team email rather than a personal email address.
- All notifications will be sent to the primary email address by default.
- If you want to receive notifications on the secondary email address, you can enable it in the settings page.
Now companies can efficiently analyse all the important statistic on the dasboard itself.
- Check the number of resolved and unresolved reports
- Insights of latest critical reports
- Report trends with respect to the severity of the report.
- Quickly get a glimpse of the risk factor, total vulnerabilities and issues.
Companies can now add all domains and subdomains as "assets" on BugBase and monitor bugs and vulnerabilities on specific assets. These assets can be used to create programs. Assets can be seamlessly managed on the asset dashboard.
Companies can now have a quick glance of the total risk factor, this is done by all analysing the severity of all the bugs/vulnerabilities that have been reported.
- Asana Integration: Now companies can seamlessly harness the power of Asana and transfer a bug report as a task, directly onto their Asana Project. A default section needs to be selected in the configuration, the bug report will automatically get created in the chosen default section. Read this guide to learn more about the Asana integration.
- GitHub Integration: Now, a bug report can now be directly transferred to any selected GitHub repository. A new issue will be created in the selected repository to help companies efficiently track the reports. Read this guide to learn more about the GitHub integration.
We now support integrations with:
- 5.Microsoft Teams
The entire platform is now available in dark and light themes.
The new UI provides a seamless interface for creating a new program. Added a new and intuitive timeline based onboarding
- Hackers can now submit Zip and Mp4 along with their bug reports
- Companies can upload zip and mp4 files as questions for the competitions
Now you can group assets and scopes together and have a common bounty for each group.
Now security researchers can verify their paymet via our KYC system.
This also gives them a
KYC Verifiedtag which companies can use to pay bounties
Researchers can save their details and
Request for KYC Verification