Webhooks are Trigger based, notifications will be sent when a particular event occurs
To show the workings of webhooks, we'll try and integrate webhooks with Discord
- A Discord Server with access to create Webhook URLs
- BugBase Company Account with an Active Program
Before starting the setup, ensure you are logged into your Discord Account and have alteast 1 channel in your Discord server.
- 1.Create a new channel (or you can use an existing one) in your Discord server.
For this example we will use the
2. Click on the settings for the channel, navigate to the integrations tab and click on add a new webhook
channel > settings > integrations > create webhook
3. Once you click on
Create Webhooka page will open asking you to enter a name for the webhook and choose a channel. Enter a name for the webhook and select the
4. Click on the
Save Changesbutton and copy the webhook URL. The webhook URL will look something like this:
- 1.Navigate to the integrations tab located in the settings page of your BugBase Program.
- 1.Click on the
Addbutton on the Webhooks Integration Card.
- 2.A modal will appear in which you will need to enter the
- 3.Enter your
Webhook URLand choose the method as
Discord provides it's Webhook execution documentation, refer the embed below
- 1.The triggers for the webhook are:
When a Report is submitted
When a Report is closed
In this example we would be using the
When a Report is submittedtrigger so that whenever a
report is submitted(If the program is not managed by BugBase) or, a
report is triaged(If the program is managed by BugBase)
we will send a message to the Discord channel.
- 1.For the
bodyof this webhook we will use the following template:
"content": "Hey! Please check your dashboard",
"username": "BugBase Webhook"
Alternatively, discord also supports embeds
"username": "BugBase Webhook",
"description": "Please check BugBase dashboard",
"title": "A new bug reported!"
- 1.Click on the
Updatebutton. This will set the webhook up in BugBase.
Now the Webhook will send a message on Discord whenever a bug is reported
Preview of the Webhook